The main responsibilities of the pre-sales engineer (PSE) revolve around creating awareness of the Client’s products and solutions, and working closely with potential customers to determine how the to best serve their unique needs. The PSE supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex and multidisciplinary environments. The PSE collaborates with sales, R&D, operations and engineering resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs/challenges, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision/business-makers.
- Provide product demonstrations via webex or face to face to potential customers
- Onsite pilot on potential customers’ sites, responding to requests for information or pricing and preparing sales package proposals (SoW)
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize ROI and value for both the customer and Optimal+.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customers’ different organizations. Adapts / define solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and operation resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements and existing infrastructure.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close”
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical presales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer. Collaborates with sales/product management to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the entire sales process, and alerts the sales teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Willing to travel ~50%
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution in relevant fields
- Experience in some form of sales and/ or marketing is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Strong experience in the semiconductor IC Test industry
If you are keen to explore this job opportunity, please email your CV to email@example.com.